[HQRP] SMK-1

Mark Janzer mjanzer@wsbc.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 08:58:56 -0600

Some that were at the club meeting on Saturday saw the SMK-1 that I was
trying to complete.

Late Saturday night, after my honey dews,  I finished adding the connectors
and fashioned the rest of the case.
I plugged it in, with a dummy load attached, at first.  No smoke or hot
components.

Then I attached it to my dipole, added the earphones and tried again.  No
sound.
I hesitated a moment and turned up the volume and neato!, CW was faintly
heard.

Once I peaked the trim capacitors, I had to keep the volume fairly low due
to the pile-up that was coming through.

This little thing is just awesome!

The only thing I would do different, is to have used silver solder for
neater solder connections. The 60/40 solder I used left "larger" dollops
(larger relative to the tiny SM components), though the solder connections
are OK.

73's
Mark (K5MGJ)
---
Send e-mail to 'listar@stevens.com' with subject:

  'unsubscribe hqrp'  to unsubscribe from this list
  'subscribe hqrp'    to subscribe from this list
  'help'              for more information