[HQRP] IARU HF Radiochampionship

Dale L Martin kg5u@hal-pc.org
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 20:18:56 -0600

I don't know if this will make it to QRP-L (I'm not a subscriber, but I
thought I'd try).

Fellow QRP'ers......who are also contesters...

I'm writing a letter to ARRL and to IARU HQ (aka ARRL) to ask if they would
consider opening a QRP category in the IARU HF Radio championship.
Currently, the power limitation of the contest is at 100 watts.  That still
puts QRP operators competing in an unlevel playing field.

If anyone feels like they would like to see a QRP category in the IARU HF
Radiochampionship, please consider writing a letter (or e-mailing -- letters
are way more effective and carry more weight-- anyone can write an e-mail --
witness this!).

You can address your comments to:

ARRL
225 Main St.