[HQRP] FS/FT: Famous HRO Dial

K5BDZ@aol.com K5BDZ@aol.com
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 18:23:05 EST

For Sale for $110 shipped ground to U.S. or trade for QRP SSB xcvr kit:

A National HRO dial, including gear reduction system and two variable
capacitors (right angle drive for each).
The HRO dial comes complete with black knob about 2 1/2 in dia, with a skirt
that has 5 slots through whick is visable numbers that change as you turn the
know CW or CCW revealing 0, 10, 100, 250, 450, etc through 500 at the end of
its range.  (Newer hams may remember the similar Kenwood TS-820 dial
read-out).  The skirt appears to have been gray colored (or possibly even
bronze) at one time.  The dial is attached to the gearing mechanisum behind,
with two (yup, two) appearantly identical variables right angle driven out
left and right.   Both caps mesh / unmesh together. Would guess capacitance
approx 300 pF each.  ALSO I have the matching metal arc'ed spacer for its
brother arc'ed marker that goes on the panel behind the dial skirt for
read-out, with arc numbering 0, .1, .2, etc up to 1.
The main dial skirt appears someone tried to clean it.  Appears minor surface
scratching but no gouges or deep scratches seen.  Should buff out very smooth
in all likelihood.

I'll ship it properly wrapped and cushioned.

Bill K5BDZ   Please reply direct to K5BDZ@aol.com
---
Send e-mail to 'listar@stevens.com' with subject:

  'unsubscribe hqrp'  to unsubscribe from this list
  'subscribe hqrp'    to subscribe from this list
  'help'              for more information