[HQRP] Fwd: German QRPers published new 8-Band CW portable transceiver today

Ed Manuel edmanuel@directvinternet.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 12:46:40 -0600

For you avid builders out there, something new.  A follow-on note from
Peter is included below the main message.

Ed, N5EM

>DL-QRP-AG proudly announces, that we published our new 8 Band CW
>transceiver in CQDL, the official German Club Magazin today in an 6 page
>article.
>
>The Tramp-8 is a very small hybrid technic Transceiver (130mm x 45mm x
>150 mm. All bands are switched from the frontplate. We use lots of SMD
>parts plus standard parts for all sections where we need high Q. It's a
>double conversion superhet based on a TCA440 Radio Chip. First IF is
>4,9152 MHz, second IF 479 kHz. The TCA 440 gives us more the 90 dB
>dynamic.
>
>In the frontend we use a 3 can bandpassfilter, first mixer is an NE612.
>Due to the excellent bandpass filters our prototype shows no
>intermodulation problems on 40m even at big antennas. VFO is a cap-diode
>type, stabilized with a small band PLL. TX-PA is a 5-7W push pull PA, a
>copy of our standard DL-QRP-PA as we used it in several projects before.
>
>End of Feb / early Mar we will have an English manual, but if you are
>interested in details, have a look at our homepage. You will find all
>schematics and fotos of one of the prototypes.
>
>72/73 de Peter,  DL2FI
>German QRP Group DL-QRP-AG http://www.dl-qrp-ag.de
>QRPproject QRP and homebrew international http://www.qrpproject.de

-------------------
Ed, the kit is so new, we are not yet ready with calculation :-(
It will be somewhere around 250 US$ complete with enclosure and all
parts, depends on some expensive parts we didn't get the price for
bigger orders e.g. ten turn pot and 8 level swich.

72/73 de Peter, DL2FI

Ed Manuel, N5EM	Houston, TX (Harris Co.) EL29
Houston QRP Club, Houston Amateur Television Society
http://www.n5em.com/	 n5em@amsat.org

---
Send e-mail to 'listar@stevens.com' with subject:

  'unsubscribe hqrp'  to unsubscribe from this list
  'subscribe hqrp'    to subscribe from this list
  'help'              for more information