[HQRP] 80% chance of Heavy Rain

MacAllister, Andrew [EPM/HOU] Andrew.MacAllister@EmersonProcess.com
Thu, 24 Jun 2004 23:32:25 -0500

Hi Mack et al!

There's not much that can keep me away from Field Day, except perhaps
weddings that I MUST attend.  Every Field Day has a story...  Who knows what
this 2004 Field Day will be like!

There are no weddings this year...

My children have been informed that the fourth weekend in June is OFF
LIMITS...

Ron and I talked this evening.  If we can't get to the site due to WX, then
we stay home.  I have an SUV with FB GND clearance...  It will take some
serious WX to keep me away!

If we can't set up on time due to rain, so be it.  Ron's "barn" is big
enough to hold your house (you've got to see it to believe it).  I (and
others) will sit inside the barn if necessary, until the bad stuff passes.

The satellite antennas have been fully tested this evening.  The array is
ready to go.  TNX to George W5GFP for the rotators.  It's up to the rest of
the group to provide HF antennas, rigs, etc.  This will be QRP all the way!

72 de Andy W5ACM

-----Original Message-----
From: Mack Arp
To: HQRP@yahoogroups.com
Sent: 6/24/2004 7:42 PM
Subject: Re: [HQRP] 80% chance of Heavy Rain

I don't do rain too well. I will give it every chance. I am fortunate in
that I only live about 14 miles from the site so I will not be out a lot
of driving if it doesn't work out.

Has any one considered an alternate site? or better yet does anyone know
of an alternate (COVERED) site?

72 Mack  W5EET