[HQRP] Fwd: P-TiCks & ArkieCon

Ed Manuel (N5EM) n5em@flash.net
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 15:24:55 -0600

FYI.  So far, 5 from Houston signed up to caravan to Arkansas on Friday,
April 6.  Rooms reserved to sleep 8 total.  Don't dilly-dally.

Ed, N5EM

>Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 14:50:57 -0600
>

>Gang hi,
>I have just enough parts to make up another batch of P-TiCKs.  The number
>will be 150 and there will not be any more made from this hangout, :-).
>If you are new to the list and don't know what a P-TiCk kit is you can go to
>the best QRP web-site on the planet, the NorCal web-page at:
>
>http://www.fix.net/norcal.html
>http://www.fix.net/~jparker/norcal/ftsmith/ptick.htm
>
>The kit has been fun, but all good things must come to an end.  We started
>selling this kit at last years ArkieCon as a fund raiser for this years
>forum.  Boy what a success, some of guys use the little paddle kit as a way
>to Elmer newbees.  Others for field operation and still others for mobile.
>
>It seems the little kit has taken on a life of its own and a lot of the
>buyers are now repeats.  So if you want any extras or didn't get in on the
>fun the first time you better hurry.  A big thanks to Mike Gipe, Doug
>Hendricks,
>and Wayne McFee for helping with the kit.
>
>So how did the fund raiser do and what is going on this year at ArkieCon?
>For starters we have some of the best speakers coming bar none.  Speakers
>like Tony Fishpool, Graham Firth, George Heron, and Jim Kortge.
>We are going to do things a little different this year, instead of having
>speakers every hour,  we will be going every other hour so the speakers and
>guests can enjoy the swap meet also.  This will be more relaxing for
>everyone, but WAIT less is more.
>
>We also have the greatest Elmers in the business coming
>like Mr. Jim Cates, "Mr Antenna" Vern Wright, Chuck Adams, Jim Duffey, Dave
>Yarnes, Dave Fifield, Paul Maciel and a car load folks from St. Louis like
>Dave Gauding.
>
>They are also coming down from the North like Mike Fiztgibbon, John Burnley,
>Darrel Swenson just to name a few.  More are also coming from the west to
>the likes of Clift Sikes, "Mr CW" Dub Thornton, Dennis "The Te-Ne-Key Guy"
>Foster, Burl Keeton, and Don Foster.  Whew, and this is just all I can
>remember off the top of my head.  All of these guy would make excellent
>guest speakers themselves and will be around all weekend just to hang out
>and fun.  Ed Manuel will be bringing up the gang from Texas.
>
>All of this start off Friday night around 6:00 p.m. at the Rib-Eye on April
>the 6th.  This is a no-host event.  On Saturday evening April the 7th in the
>same room as that the QRP forums were held earlier we have a barbecue
>dinner.   We will pick that tab up on that one.  In other words Mr. Doug
>Hendricks, everyone will eat for free just like last year.  This is just way
>of saying thanks to the best Group Fraternity "The QRPers".  Without the
>support from you guys and gals none of this would be possible!  Thank you
>from the Fort Smith QRP Group.
>
>Speaking of old Doug he will be MCing this years event.  He and "Hanging
> [...]

---
Send e-mail to 'listar@stevens.com' with subject:

  'unsubscribe hqrp'  to unsubscribe from this list
  'subscribe hqrp'    to subscribe from this list
  'help'              for more information