[HQRP] Field Day, 2001

Ed Manuel (N5EM) n5em@flash.net
Mon, 28 May 2001 12:52:19 -0500

Field Day is bearing down on us and, as usual, we are running out of time.

We have briefly discussed doing FD at Ron's Ranch.  Basically, discussions
included a main QRP operating position on the screened porch with a
possible second position over near the barn.  We have serious space in
front of the house to erect antennas but a survey mission in advance would
save a lot of sweat and sunburn.

I still have the Vee-Beam wires rolled and stored if we want to go with
tuned feeders.  Other's may have more ambitious antennas to erect.  Come
forward and make suggestions if you have something you would like to do.  I
have the Desert-Storm vintage 40 foot mast.  Mark has an awesome 60 ft.
fiberglass one.

No problem on gear, of course :-)

Satellite ops is another special area of interest.  Andy is gone this year
for FD.  Any other takers?

Ed, N5EM

At 07:53 AM 5/28/01 -0600, Janzer, Mark wrote:
> From what I heard, from Ed Manuel, N5EM, HQRP's contribution may be at Ron's
>brookshire farm.
>Haven't heard much since late April on this topic.
>
>Anybody know anything more?
>
>Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 09:53:47 -0500
>From: "James Edwards" <jle8@earthlink.net>
>To: "qrp" <QRP-L@LEHIGH.EDU>
>Subject: [98893] field day
>
>Howdy folks, does anyone from the qrp club of Houston is going to have field
>day?
>cheers  KB5DSE
>
>Regards,
>
>Mark Janzer, K5MGJ
>---
>Send e-mail to 'listar@stevens.com' with subject:
>
>   'unsubscribe hqrp'  to unsubscribe from this list
>   'subscribe hqrp'    to subscribe from this list
>   'help'              for more information

---