[HQRP] Fwd: Austin TX Summerfest Ham Convention QRP Activities, Aug. 3, 4

Ed Manuel (N5EM) n5em@flash.net
Thu, 02 Aug 2001 09:18:52 -0500

>From: "Stuart Rohre" <rohre@arlut.utexas.edu>
>To: <AQRP@yahoogroups.com>, "Ed Manuel \(N5EM\)" <n5em@flash.net>,
>    "Joe Spencer" <kk5na@quadj.com>, <WCARC@egroups.com>, <qrp-l@Lehigh.EDU>
>Subject: Austin TX Summerfest Ham Convention QRP Activities, Aug. 3, 4
>Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 18:14:42 -0500
>
>Wow, August is here and that means also the first weekend, Austin TX Ham
>Convention and Swapfest, known as Summerfest.   There will be forums
>aplenty, including QRP with Joe Spencer,  and Ed Manual giving talks on all
>facets of QRP and on portable Antennas using fiberglass collapsing poles.
>There will be equipment show and tell of transceivers, kits, projects,
>baluns for QRP by Len Carlson, and Glen Reid K5FX, has lined up many door
>prizes to give out Fri. during the QRP annual dinner and at the forum Sat.
>Afternoon.  Check the paper schedules available at Registration for time and
>room for the Forum.  There is a Small Wonders Labs kit; an SWR meter;  3
>great test projects and many other surprises.  The QRP forum is upstairs,
>back from the Lobby on the North side of the main building past the swap
>meet ball rooms.
>(Thanks Glen for rounding up prizes from the manufacturers and book vendors.
>Thanks Monty and Milt of AQRP for the SWR and the built projects)
>
>Big Notice, if you got a Summerfest mail out, the dates on the front are
>wrong, the fest is FRI. and SAT. ONLY, this coming weekend!
>
>The Action starts Fri, Aug. 3 with Registration at the Four Points by
>Sheraton Hotel, 7800 N. IH 35, Austin TX 78753 at 5 PM.   The indoor swap
>meet opens at 6 PM.  Note you must be registered for the convention to enter
>the Swap Meet, and Convention registration is $9.  There will be a free
>table provided by AQRP for any QRP for sale or trade items, but each owner
>is responsible for his own things.  There is no charge for the QRP forum on
>Saturday, but you Will Want to register for the various door prizes given
>every hour by the convention.  A prize ticket towards the rigs that are
>given away comes with the registration for the entire convention, and extra
>prize tickets for the hourly drawings Sat. and the grand prizes are $1.  The
>Sheraton Four Points phone is (512) 836-8520, Fax is (512) 837-0897.
>Overflow parking for Sat. is beyond the Hotel to the West at an office
>building along Hwy. 183, in easy walking distance.
>
>Now on Fri. at 7PM, all QRPers meet by the main Registration Table at the
>Hotel, and we will then go to the Chili's Restaurant diagonally across the
>I35/Hwy 183 intersection to the South East of the Hotel, for dinner and
>prizes.  Please email me if you are coming to the dinner, so that I may give
>the restaurant a head count.  Menu is everything from Sandwiches to Seafood,
>Beef to Chicken, and desserts.  Dutch Treat, of course.  (You thought AQRP
>had a treasury?  We don't really have a treasurer, but thanks to Ed Popp for
>making a table happen somehow each year!)

> [...]

Ed Manuel, N5EM	Houston, TX (Harris Co.) EL29
Houston QRP Club, Houston Amateur Television Society
http://www.n5em.com/	 n5em@amsat.org

---
Send e-mail to 'listar@stevens.com' with subject:

  'unsubscribe hqrp'  to unsubscribe from this list
  'subscribe hqrp'    to subscribe from this list
  'help'              for more information