[HQRP] Fwd: BLT-18 is a GO!!

Ed Manuel (N5EM) n5em@flash.net
Fri, 24 Aug 2001 10:39:45 -0500

>From: Andrew MacAllister <Andrew.MacAllister@daniel.com>
>To: "'blt@stevens.com'" <blt@stevens.com>
>Cc: "'n5em@flash.net'" <n5em@flash.net>
>Subject: BLT-18 is a GO!!
>Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 00:08:44 -0500
>
>Greetings!
>
>We have completed the Final BLT-18 Integration Meeting at the Old Secret BLT
>Lab in Sugar Land, thanks to the hospitality of Mike WA5TWT.  There will be
>a Final-Final Integration Meeting at 8 PM on Friday, August 24, 2001, to
>iron out a few items that were partially resolved on Wednesday.
>
>BUT, it looks good!  Check out the website for complete updates:
>
>http://www.qsl.net/w5acm/b18.html
>
>Here are some specs:
>
>Live Color Camera Video on 1255 MHz FM ATV - 2 Watts
>GPS data (GGA, RMC & GSA) on 440.950 MHz FM - 1200 baud - 100 mW

Special note for QRPers!  Try this out with your dual band HT's!

>Crossband FM Audio Repeater - 147.435 MHz in - 446.000 MHz out - 375 mW

>Radiation Detector - Interupted carrier on 28.322 MHz
>Inside & Outside Temperature Data Recording Devices
>35-mm Color Camera - Photo Interval = 200 seconds
>Parachute Recovery for Main Payloads
>Totex 1200 Balloon
>RC Glider for Release @ 2000 Feet via Remote Cut-down
>Main System Power = 15VDC @ 5 A/H Sulphur-Dioxide Lithium Batteries
>Audio Beeper
>ALL RF Systems use Vertical Polarization Antennas
>
>We expect to arrive at the Wharton Municipal Airport between 8 and 9 AM on
>Saturday, August 25, 2001, to prep for the 10 AM launch.  We will be on the
>Houston 146.70 Repeater till it drops out somewhere down Highway 59.  The
>default direct frequency is 147.435 MHz (also the input to the BLT-18
>cross-band repeater).  We will have further updates on Comm Freqs from
>WD5IIU and KK5SC, as they become available.
>
>Pre-Launch net is scheduled for 8 PM on Friday, August 24, 2001 on the HTTY
>repeater on 146.70 MHz.  Since this is the same time as the Final-Fianl
>Integration Meeting, it will be highly informal.  EVERYTHING looks good for
>an on-time launch!
>
>73 de Andy
>for The BLT-18 Crew

Ed Manuel, N5EM	Houston, TX (Harris Co.) EL29
Houston QRP Club, Houston Amateur Television Society
http://www.n5em.com/	 n5em@amsat.org

---
Send e-mail to 'listar@stevens.com' with subject:

  'unsubscribe hqrp'  to unsubscribe from this list
  'subscribe hqrp'    to subscribe from this list
  'help'              for more information