[HQRP] Fixing scratched LCD Displays

Ed Manuel (N5EM) n5em@flash.net
Thu, 08 Nov 2001 15:25:59 -0600

Here's a tip from the FT817 E-group.  Nice to know.

-----------------

The radio displays of recent radios are pretty tough, including the
FT817.  When I first bought my FT-50RD HT, before I had a case for it and
before I taped the display, I dropped it on cement getting out of a
car.  The display was scratched :(

This really works.  A pure silk tie.  Pure silk is supposedly more abrasive
than steel, yet is very very fine.  It takes a while and a bit of thumb
grease, but the scratches come out pretty nice.  It takes a while and a lot
of rubbing in a circular motion, but it really works.  Use your old
ties--the ones with the chili stains!
Rudy Marcelletti, K8SWD
Ed Manuel, N5EM	Houston, TX (Harris Co.) EL29
Houston QRP Club, Houston Amateur Television Society
http://www.n5em.com/	 n5em@amsat.org

---
Send e-mail to 'listar@stevens.com' with subject:

  'unsubscribe hqrp'  to unsubscribe from this list
  'subscribe hqrp'    to subscribe from this list
  'help'              for more information