[HQRP] "Honest" Non-corrosive Silicone

Ron L. Sparks rls@sparkles.com
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 22:35:59 -0600

The Acetic acid in regular silicone sealant (600 series) at your hardware
store will corrode electrical joints.  It is especially bad for copper.

As a result, I regularly need a bit of the "official" non-corrosive RTV
silicone sealant.  I have tracked it down and found:

Dow Corning 748 Non-corrosive RTV for Electrical use -- appx. $7 / tube

Dow Corning 738 Non-corrosive RTV for MIL spec and Aerospace use -- appx.
$13 / tube

The tubes are standard 3 oz tubes.  Here's the deal, most suppliers have a
minimum on this stuff.  The best I have found is a $40 min.  I would not use
up $40 worth before it goes bad so I am proposing a group buy.

First, IF YOU CAN GET A BETTER DEAL AND WILL DO SO -- LET ME KNOW! I need
some of this stuff NOW.

Second, if you want a few tubes e-mail me with the quantity you will buy.  I
will compile this and(after it arrives) bring the tubes you requested to the
next of the following meetings :  Amsat at Luther's on Gessner @ Westheimer
Wed lunch, HATS at Mama's Cafe on Dec 12, and Houston QRP Dec 15th at the
Arboretum.

Note, I will NOT be able to do shipping -- This is a PICK IT UP deal only.

The order will be placed before noon Wed Nov 21 so hurry on that e-mail to

mailto:AG5RS@arrl.net

Thanks,

Ron, AG5RS

---
Send e-mail to 'listar@stevens.com' with subject:

  'unsubscribe hqrp'  to unsubscribe from this list
  'subscribe hqrp'    to subscribe from this list
  'help'              for more information