[HQRP] Siltronix VFO parts values

K5BDZ@aol.com K5BDZ@aol.com
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 10:17:58 EST

Well, last weekend I took apart the flea market purchased Siltronix Model 90
VFO (made for CB) and found (no 10:1 verniers as I had originally hoped and
erroneously reported) two (2) 6:1 Jackson Bros verniers, a high quality
variable cap with anti-backlash geared 2:1 ratio that measured 4.4 to 11.4
pF, a 1/4" splined adapter to the v-cap gears, as well as as standard VFO
board (osc and buffer) and an "off board" ceramic coil form...then the usual
transformer and other do-dads.  No HFO circuit was used on this VFO -
appeared straight through operation.  Did not check the frequency as it would
not be used anyway.

The large knobs are great (outer knob "fast turns" the vernier, the large
inner knob is the "slow tune" main tuning knob.

Still a bargain if you can find one reasonable.
Bill K5BDZ
---
Send e-mail to 'listar@stevens.com' with subject:

  'unsubscribe hqrp'  to unsubscribe from this list
  'subscribe hqrp'    to subscribe from this list
  'help'              for more information