[HQRP] Correction to VFO Caps etc

K5BDZ@aol.com K5BDZ@aol.com
Fri, 28 Dec 2001 20:05:18 EST

In a message dated 12/28/2001 1:40:16 PM Central Standard Time,
w6toy@erols.com writes:

> Bill,
>
>  Actually, since the tuning curve depends on the capacitors capacity
>  curve, it ..(the tuning curve)..will be no different whether the capacitor
is in series or parallel!  You might want to correct any wrong impressions
you gave the
>  list!  I have a lot of experience designing VFO's
>  73
Bruce's astitute comments are true...I goofed in my too-broad statement
regarding "linear scale" when simply using a VFO coil tap to lessen the
tuning range of a "too large pF variable capacitor."  It's more detailed than
I led all to believe.
However the VFO osc coil can be tapped to great advantage to builders and it
is an oft ignored means of better utilizing parts on hand to build,
especially the very hard to find variable capacitor of "just the right
value"...
A special THANKS to Bruce for catching my blunder and an even greater thanks
to him for kindly "privately" noting to me my mistake to me that I could
correct my own error.  Courtesy is contageous.
Bill K5BDZ
---
Send e-mail to 'listar@stevens.com' with subject:

  'unsubscribe hqrp'  to unsubscribe from this list
  'subscribe hqrp'    to subscribe from this list
  'help'              for more information