[HQRP] Group Buy and December Meeting

Ed Manuel emanuel@datacomdesign.com
Mon, 09 Dec 2002 16:22:26 -0600

Gang,

Its time to think about our December meeting.  The third saturday this
month falls on December 21, the last Saturday before Christmas.  I need to
make reservation at the Luby's if we are going to meet.  If there are
enough folks who speak up and say they won't be there because their wife
will have them doing last minute Christmas shopping, we may just end up
skipping the December meeting.  Your call - just let me know this week.

Also, I have ordered 30 gel cell batteries as a group buy for the
club.  The price, after shipping will be $3 each.  These are standard 12
vdc batteries, approximately 3.2 amp hours.  A number of people sent an
email and expressed an interest in having these.  I have prepaid them and
will get them probably by mid to late next week.  In order to make
distribution as fair as possible, a couple of protocols will be followed.

1.  Limit 2 until everyone has had a chance at them.
2.  First come, first served.  (I need to put the money back before the
wife thinks I've gone on a spending bender :-)
3.  After a week or so, the rest will be made available to anyone who wants
them.  An announcement will be made here.

I'll announce when they arrive and you may make arrangements to drop by my
house to pick them up.  If we have a QRP meeting in December, they will be
at the meeting.

Have a Merry Holiday Season.
Ed, N5EM