[HQRP] FW: [ARS-Notice] Flight of the Bumblebees

MacAllister, Andrew [EPM/HOU] Andrew.MacAllister@EmersonProcess.com
Mon, 19 Jul 2004 00:38:44 -0500

Can we have W5MSQ as the Bumblebee call???

Andy W5ACM

26 QSOs during the Flying Pig Sprint!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Andy MacAllister
To: MacAllister, Andrew [EPM/HOU]
Sent: 7/18/2004 11:07 PM
Subject: Fw: [ARS-Notice] Flight of the Bumblebees

----- Original Message -----
From: <adventureradiosociety-announcements@mailman.qth.net>
To: <adventureradiosociety-announcements@mailman.qth.net>;
<qrp-l@mailman.qth.net>
Sent: Sunday, July 18, 2004 9:29 AM
Subject: [ARS-Notice] Flight of the Bumblebees

The "Flight of the Bumblebees" is next weekend.

The "Flight of the Bumblebees" is a QRP CW contest held every year on the
last Sunday of July. Those that want to be "Bees" agree to reach their
operating sites by human power (hiking, biking, canoeing and kayaking). On
Sunday, masses of home-based operators chase the Bees. A popular, exciting
contest!  Complete rules are at:
http://www.arsqrp.com/ars/pages/bumblebees/bb_rules.html

Day and Times
Sunday July 25 -
10 am to 2 pm PDT
11 am to 3 pm MDT
12 noon to 4 pm CDT
1 pm to 5 pm EDT
1700 to 2100 UTC.

Exchange
Bees -
RST, state/province/country, and your Bumblebee number
Home stations -
RST, state/province/country, and your power
Scoring -
Total QSOs times # of Bees times three.  If you had 10 QSOs on 40 meters
and 5 QSOs on 20 meters and worked 7 Bees on 40 and 3 Bees on 20 your score
would be: 15 total QSOs times 10 total Bees times 3 = 450 points  How to
Count Bee Multipliers
The autolog at asks for your "Total Number of Bee Contacts".  Thus, if you
worked AA8XX/BB on 40 meters and again on 20 meters, that counts as 2
Bee contacts.
Get a Bee Number
If you plan to operate portable, you will need a Bee number.  Bee
numbers are available through Friday by emailing a request to
hjohnc@core.com.  Include your callsign in your request.

Bee List
As of this writing, we have over 185 Bees who plan to operate portable
for the contest.  You can view the latest list of Bees at
http://www.arsqrp.com/ars/pages/bumblebees/2004bb_roster.html
Bands
As this is a daytime contest, there are no points for 80 meter
activity, just 40, 20, 15, and 10 meter QSOs count.

Single Band Entries
There will be special recognition for single band entries.  Single
band winners will be listed in the results.
Pictures and Stories
We need your stories and Bumblebee pictures for the results and Sojourner.
>From those submissions we will choose winners for:
  Most interesting equipment,
  Most outrageous venture, and
  Most beautiful site.
You can put your stories in your Soapbox comments or email longer
stories and pictures to aa4xx@bellsouth.net

Safety First!
This is a fun event, let's be careful out there.
Awards -
Top Bees
Top Home Stations
Top Single Banders

Reporting Your Score
Please use the autolog at http://www.arsqrp.com/ars/bb_log.html
If for some reason that doesn't work for you, please email me at
hjohnc@core.com so we can get your results.

Any Questions?
Questions to hjohnc@core.com
73 de NA8M