[HQRP] FW: [ARS-Notice] Last Call - Flight of the Bumblebees & Special N ote

MacAllister, Andrew [EPM/HOU] Andrew.MacAllister@EmersonProcess.com
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:21:08 -0500

Since I haven't heard of any group plans or potential sites, I
went ahead and got a Bumblebee number for W5ACM - #213.
Currently I plan to pack everything in a small backpack, air
up my bike tires, and head OUT.  My gear will likely include
an M1 antenna and the KX-1 xcvr.  If 20 meters cooperates,
that's where I will bee!

72! de Andy W5ACM
BB #213

-----Original Message-----
From: adventureradiosociety-announcements@mailman.qth.net
[mailto:adventureradiosociety-announcements@mailman.qth.net]
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 12:51 PM
To: adventureradiosociety-announcements@mailman.qth.net;
qrp-l@mailman.qth.net
Subject: [ARS-Notice] Last Call - Flight of the Bumblebees
& Special Note

Gang -

(Special Note below)

Flight of the Bumblebees contest is this Sunday.

Rules -
http://www.arsqrp.com/ars/pages/bumblebees/bb_rules.html

List of Bees (this is really good if you forgot your number, like me) -
http://www.arsqrp.com/ars/pages/bumblebees/2004bb_roster.html

Autolog to submit your summary -
http://www.arsqrp.com/ars/bb_log.html

We'll be assigning Bee numbers through Friday.  If you need a
number, please send a request with your call to hjohnc@core.com

Special Note -
We have assigned 224 Bee numbers as of this writing.  This will be our
biggest turnout ever.  The bands may sound like the QRP version of
Field Day!  We have a couple of suggestions.

- If we all crowd into the QRP calling frequency it will be a mess.  PLEASE
spread out.  20 meters will be the worst.  Let's try, at least, to be
between 14.050 and 14.069.  Same thing for 40 meters - 7.035 to 7.060.
Guys will spread out even farther if we tune for them.  It's no fun to
call CQ if no one is listening.  But, if everyone tunes up and down the
band a bit we all can be heard and it will greatly increase the fun
quotient.

- Many of the Bees are first time contesters.  PLEASE QRS for slower
stations and help the newcomers through the exchange.  Slowing down
and a few repeats will get you some points that might otherwise be
missed.

- Play it safe.  PLEASE be careful out there.  Portable operation isn't the
norm for most of us and we need to be aware of the problems that may be
encountered.

- Have fun.  PLEASE help us to make this a fun activity for everyone.  When
you operate portable, every QSO is a thrill.  Enjoy!

I'll get off my soapbox and wish everyone good luck.  See you Sunday!!!!!

73 de NA8M
John

Adventure Radio Society
http://www.ARSqrp.com