[HQRP] W5MSQ - On The Air At Last! - RE: This weekend's contest

MacAllister, Andrew [EPM/HOU] Andrew.MacAllister@EmersonProcess.com
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 13:54:08 -0500

Hello Henry and fellow MosQRPitos!

Game Plan - Go to Tom Bass Park and put W5MSQ on the air for a few hours of
the ARCI Fall QSO Party!!!

When - Show up @ 9AM this Saturday (tomorrow) morning.  Bring a lunch and
some drinks and stay until 1 PM.

Where - To get to Tom Bass Park, here are the directions for those
approaching from the west on Beltway 8:

Take Cullen St. exit off Beltway 8 and turn right (south) about 1 or 2
blocks

to park entrance, turn right into park, park in 1st lot on right, walk up to

lake and turn west down the hill on right side of path, You'll see the 7 ele

beam we have set up for "Mack"!!! Any questions or talk in cell
713-643-8291. Ken

How - I intend to bring an untested 20-M dipole, some sort of 20-M QRP rig,
a key, coax, and a battery.  Please feel free to bring any rig(s), key(s),
antenna(s), etc. you would like to show, share or operate.  The only reason
I am going for 20-M gear, is because that is what I have, that is
convenient...  Other bands may be better, or we may wish to change to 15 or
40 during our short sprint during the available 36-hour context period.
Contest details at http://2hams.net/ARCI/fall%20qso%20party%20contest.htm
<http://2hams.net/ARCI/fall%20qso%20party%20contest.htm>  .  Suggested
frequencies are 1810, 3560, 7040, 14060, 21060 and 28060 kHz.

This will be the THIRD HQRP outing of recent history.  We've done QRP to the
Field from the Battleship Texas, and Field Day 2004 at the Spark's Ranch in
Brookshire, BUT, this will be the FIRST time for us to operate with the club
callsign W5MSQ.  If you are not into CW QRP, at least come by and visit,
help with the antenna(s), or just check out the park and bring a lunch.

72 de Andy W5ACM