[HQRP] Newbie DXer needimg advice

Ron L. Sparks rls@sparkles.com
Wed, 22 Aug 2001 22:58:15 -0500

Thanks to the efforts of Ed N5EM and Mike WA5TWT I now have a station
on the air so that my one good hand can do some productive Ham radio
while the other one heals <hi,hi>.

I am new to DX though.  My second contact on the rig was a puzzler for
me.

I made a very good (5-8) contact with a guy with a heavy spanish
accent.  He identified as ED8MCC in the Las Palomas Lighthouse.  After
the QSL I then went to QRZ.com and could find no listing for him.  The
ITU listing doesn't seem to show an ED8, but Spain is shown as
EDA-EDZ.

An internet search for Las Palomas lighthouse was ambiguous, but there
is one in Puerto Rico.

I guess I could have mistaken an H or A as an 8, but I didn't find a
call listed that way either and I was pretty sure about the 8 and he
QSL'ed when I repeated it to him.

What can I do now and how do I QSL?

Thanks in advance,

Ron, AG5RS

---
Send e-mail to 'listar@stevens.com' with subject:

  'unsubscribe hqrp'  to unsubscribe from this list
  'subscribe hqrp'    to subscribe from this list
  'help'              for more information